IANTD Advanced Nitrox
About IANTD Advanced Nitrox
The IANTD Advanced Nitrox program covers the core skills from the technical diver training programs including the use of dual outlet single cylinders or twinsets with central isolation manifolds and decompression skills and procedures using bottom mixes up to 40% nitrox and decompression mixes up to 100% oxygen to a maximum depth of 140 fsw (42 msw).
Advanced Nitrox (EANx) is designed to extend the diver’s knowledge in the use of EANx for Sport diving. It further develops skills and provides a greater understanding of the EANx concept of diving.
Advanced Nitrox (EANx) qualifies divers to do dive to 140 fsw (42 msw) and do decompression stops required dives up to 15 minutes using Nitrox blend greater than 40% for accelerated decompression.
**Please note there is a generic time frame for booking. Once enrolled we will coordinate your schedule with our technical team.**
Advanced Nitrox picks up where Nitrox leaves off and offers a more in-depth look at diving with nitrox including:
- Physics and physiology relating to diving with gas mixes containing more than 40% oxygen
- Gas planning, dive tables, dive computers, oxygen limitations, nitrogen limitations
- Equipment considerations, cylinder labeling, analyzing nitrox mixtures, gas blending procedures, and oxygen service ratings for using gases with more than 40% oxygen
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent
- Minimum certification of Nitrox Diver or equivalent
- Proof of 25 logged open water dives
What’s Not Included
Equipment and gas fills.