Instructor Development Course Staff Instructor
About Instructor Development Course Staff Instructor
As a PADI IDC Staff Instructor you will help raise the next generation of PADI professionals as well as gain in-depth instructor trainer knowledge.
After a preassessment of your instructor-level knowledge of dive theory, exemplary dive skills and role-model presentation techniques, you’ll participate in these sessions:
- Instructor development standards, procedures and curriculum
- How to organize and conduct the PADI Assistant Instructor course
- The psychology of evaluation and counseling
- Evaluating knowledge development, confined water and open water teaching presentations
Plus, you’ll get to audit an IDC or practice teaching many curriculum components.
As an IDC Staff Instructor, you can independently teach PADI Assistant Instructor courses as well as assist with IDCs and other instructor-level continuing education courses.
Requirements: PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer
- PADI Course Director Manual
- PADI Confined Water and Open Water Evaluation Slates
- PADI Skill Evaluation Slate
- PADI Instructor Manual
- PADI Specialty Instructor Manual
All IDC Staff Instructor candidates are required to have all materials required of instructor candidates as well as current student materials from the PADI Open Water Diver, PADI Advanced Open Water Diver, PADI Rescue Diver and PADI Divemaster.