Instructor Development Course
About Instructor Development Course
If you have a passion for scuba diving and want to share your passion – become a PADI Instructor! Teaching scuba diving allows you to share your love of the aquatic world with others while doing what you enjoy – being in, around and under water. PADI Open Water Scuba Instructors (OWSI) are the most sought-after dive professionals around the world because they’ve completed the program that sets the standard for training dive professionals.
The Instructor Development Course (IDC) is made up of two sections – Academics/Confined Water and Open Water/Rescue.
Instructor Examination (IE), the final step for Instructor certification is a two day examination of Academics and Confined Water and Open Water and Rescue.
Dive professionals who hold an instructor rating with another diver training organization may be eligible to enroll in the OWSI program.
You also need:
- Instructor Crew Kit (available at Columbus Scuba)
- Complete the eLearning for Instructor Development Course (affliate yourself with Columbus Scuba)
- At least 60 logged dives and 100 dives to attend an IE.
- Emergency First Response Primary & Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
- A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 month